Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War OFFICIALLY REVEALED

Bravo Six, Going REAL Dark

Time to head back to Black Ops, this time the war is going to be cold. Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War has been teased and discussed among fans and dataminers for months now. It was all but confirmed by Treyarch and Activision, we just needed a trailer to confirm it.

After teasing fans for months that a reveal was coming, we just had to sit back and be patient. Now, our patience has paid off and the reveal is officially here for Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War.

Not gonna lie, that trailer is equally terrifying and completely freaking spellbinding. No one, outside of maybe Bungie, makes trailers quite like Activision. Capitalizing on the tense relations that 2020 America has with foreign powers, intense music and the real history counterpart. 

Go back to basics, leave the SciFi nonsense behind

That’s probably our biggest surprise from this reveal trailer. We had an inkling that Treyarch was going to do the same thing that Infinity Ward did with Modern Warfare. Go back to basics, leave the SciFi nonsense behind and tell a dark gritty story about the reality of warfare. People die, and people commit atrocious acts in the name of justice and peace.

Difference here is that Modern Warfare is fictionalized. 90% of the game never happened, the characters are completely fake and the remaining 10% is highly embellished. Black Ops: Cold War looks like it’s going to take things to another level.

[the_ad id=”14040″]

Promising a story that is based on real events, showing off several real life characters and a heavier focus on espionage. In the real world history of the Cold War, there was a lot that went on behind the scenes that many people will never know. Granted, learning that from a Call of Duty game can be seen as unrewarding, but if Assassin’s Creed can do it, why not Call of Duty.

We Love Dark and Morally Grey

We’ve mentioned before that we were desperately hoping for Treyarch to go back to what we loved so much about the first Black Ops. The feeling of CIA espionage, conspiracy theories, real world events and a mesmerizing story about mind control and brainwashing. Sure there were still the massive set pieces that Call of Duty does so well, but it was telling a surprisingly mature story. One that fans of movies like Deer Hunter, or shows like X-Files could get behind and enjoy.

It says quite a lot that the twist and story presentation in the first Black Ops is still discussed today as a masterpiece. And while it may be too early to say for sure what we can expect from the Cold War, we have a really good feeling about it.

If Modern Warfare can capitalize on an amazing first trailer, we firmly believe that Cold War can as well. Bring on the darkness, morally grey themes and historically relevant storytelling. We’re more than ready for whatever you’re gonna dish out Treyarch!


For more news, updates and articles on Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War, stay tuned here at Scoophash!